A part of our body make up is our teeth and a beautiful smile requires us to take care of them. Even when we do take proper care, unfortunately, things happen that cause damage, such as a “cracked tooth.”
A cracked tooth is a common problem that can happen to anyone even when you take good care of your mouth. While a cracked tooth may be the result of chewing hard foods or grinding your teeth, at times it just may occur organically. Remember to see us at Brenner Dental of Park Slope immediately if you have a cracked tooth. This is something that mustn’t be ignored as it will get worse with time.
Causes of a Cracked Tooth:
1. A severe blow to the mouth
2. Age can be the cause of a cracked tooth
3. Chewing hard foods such as ice or candy
4. Pressure from grinding your teeth
Symptoms of a Cracked Tooth:
1. Pain that comes and goes, especially when eating
2. Swollen gums
3. Your teeth are sensitive to sweetness, heat or cold
Diagnosing a Cracked Tooth:
Visit us at Brenner Dental of Park Slope to determine the specifics of your problem. We will:
1. Ask you about your dental history
2. We will probably take an X-ray of the problem area
3. We will do a visual examination, maybe with the help of a magnifying glass
4. Use an explorer to determine any rough edges on the tooth.
A cracked tooth is a problem not to be ignored; it should be taken care of immediately. Call Brenner Dental of Park Slope at 718-638-6607 immediately if you want to prevent losing the tooth. We’re here to help!!